Wednesday, February 14, 2007

For my love

I compiled this poem ironically prior to my love's mention of the lovers embrace found here.

These selections are from Love Poems from God.

How long can the moth flirt
Near the mouth of the flame before their lips touch
And the moth’s soul
Becomes like
A sun

And does the moth then die? No.
In serving God one is transformed into Him

What lovers would return to us,
What lovers would not unite beyond belief and annihilate
Their separation forever if they
Had the power
To do so?

That power our Lord has. How long do you think
You can just flirt with Him before you
Dissolve in ecstasy?

Existence spins on His potter’s wheel;
All is being shaped into the divine

What lovers would
Not want to die
Embraced?

Meister Eckhart (1260-1328), mystic and priest


Also for my love,


His lips upon the veil

He has never left you.

It is just
That your soul is so vast
That just like

the earth in its innocence,
it may think,

“I do not feel my lover’s warmth
against my face right now”

but look dear,
is not the sun reaching down its arms
and always holding a continent
in its light?

God cannot leave us.
It is just that our soul is so vast,

We do not always feel His lips
upon the
veil

St. Catherine of Sienna (1347-1380) Dominican nun

I love you.

5 comments:

Tri-Dummy said...

Dude...YOU ARE THE MAN! Really nice.

This is what I wrote in my wife's card...not kidding.

"Some nice things I want to do for you this week:
1. Open the door for you when you put the laundry in the washer.
2. Unplug the vacuum as you move from room to room.
3. Dump the scooper after you sweep the floor.
4. Put the dish soap in the dishwasher after you load it.
It's the little thoughtful things I do that make a great marriage like ours!"
...then I wrote some "lovey" stuff.

Thankfully, my wifey (stay at home mom) has a GREAT sense of humor...she will die laughing...I'm sure of it. I hope. :) I bought candy, too...just in case.

Bolder said...

you had to show up my poem -- didn't you!

Happy V-day to all of the Tribe!!

b.

p.s. got the DVD this morning, an odd valentine from you, i mean i know you cared, but really this is TOO MUCH, many thanks!!!!!!

Fe-lady said...

beautiful...

greyhound said...

Uhm, like, I sent Mrs. Greyhound the Faris Al Sultan Valentine. You think that gets it?

Say, you two look a little peaked in that picture. Mayber you're training too hard. Mix in a cheesecake or something. You're skin and bones--mostly bones.

And tell me that Trimama did not post about FARTING. She's been hanging with Urp and Chopper too much.

Unknown said...

Just lovely!